How To Lose Weight In One Week By Crash Dieting?





Weight and I have not been the best friends for quite a long time. My battle with the bulge started during my teen years and I have consistently been losing this battle ever since. However, not to give up easily, I keep trying everything possible to shed weight quickly and ensure it doesn’t come back. While this is easier said than done, I finally decided to give crash diet a chance


Why Crash Diet?

I decided to opt for a crash diet because I wanted to lose weight quickly. A close friend was getting married and I wanted to look my best on her wedding. In the past, I steered clear of crash diets because the restricted calorie diet was too cumbersome for me. However, I wanted to lose weight in a week and the best option available was a crash diet.

My Crash Diet:














I checked the juice diet, liquid diet, grapefruit diet and cabbage soup diet before deciding my crash diet. Finally, I settled for cabbage soup diet. The cabbage soup diet allows you to lose up to 10 pounds in a week and that too without exercising. So, it was the perfect crash diet to lose weight in a week.

As the name suggests, the cabbage soup diet involves consuming a lot of cabbage soup made from the following ingredients:

Cabbage (obviously!)
Spring Onions
Green Peppers
Canned Tomatoes
Celery
Onion Powder
Bouillon Cubes (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Though, I was not thrilled about consuming cabbage soup for a week but the thought of finally losing weight was appealing. Cabbage has ingredients that hasten up the metabolic rate of the body and this, in turn, helps to burn fat quickly. I also read that it is important to drink at least 4 glasses of water every day for this crash diet to be effective.

My Crash Diet for a Week to Lose Weight:

Besides drinking cabbage soup, I also consumed a few fruits, vegetables and lean meat to keep my energy levels high during the one week period. This was my week’s diet coupled with the cabbage soup:

Day 1:
I started the first day of my diet with cabbage soup. In addition, I consumed fruits to keep those hunger pangs at bay. I stayed away from bananas as they are high in calories.

Day 2:

I did not touch any fruits. Instead, I ate fresh vegetables. For lunch, I baked the vegetables and I steamed them for dinner. I included a huge baked potato with a medium-sized dollop of butter as a part of my dinner.

Day 3:

On the third day, I ate both vegetables and fruits but stayed away from potatoes and bananas.

Day 4:

By the time the fourth day arrived, I was happy to consume bananas. The diet I was following clearly stated that I could not eat more than 8 bananas a day. In addition, I also consumed skimmed milk without any restrictions.

Day 5:

This was the happiest day of my crash diet as I could eat meat as a part of my crash diet. I was allowed to consume 10 ounces of lean beef or skinless broiled chicken along with 6 fresh tomatoes. Also, I made it a point to drink a lot of water during the day to detoxify my body and flush out the toxins.

Day 6:

On this day, I combined green leafy vegetables, other fresh vegetables and lean beef steaks to enjoy two delicious meals.

Day 7:

On the last day of my crash diet, I feasted on brown rice, vegetables and fresh fruit juices without sugar.

The Verdict:

At the end of the seventh day, I was thrilled to see my weighing scale. I had lost 8 pounds and felt good about myself. Crash diets can be sapping as the body may not get enough calories. However, if followed carefully, they can be extremely effective. I know, I am going to look my best at my friend’s wedding. Now, I just have to keep this weight off but that’s another story for another time.

Hope, this best crash diet to lose weight in a week would work for you as well. We would love to hear your experience with this diet.

source:http://www.stylecraze.com



No comments:

Post a Comment